In no particular order:-
1. Hayley Williams – Lead Singer of Paramore – Possibly the most influential female led rock band of this generation, Hayley Williams can sing, and she can damn well write too, after latest showing, their self titled Paramore brought them stratuspheric success and the single ‘Still Into You’ their most watched music video with millions of views, this catchy song that has been played on radio all over the world. The album reached the top of the Billboard 200, their first album to do so – 2014 is Hayley Williams year, when it comes to music and her band.
2. Sydney Sierota – Singer in Echosmith – One of the youngest people to ever go on Warped and to lead a band signed to Warner Bros, Sydney is one of the best female singers on the scene right now. At the tender age of sixteen released one of the best albums of 2013 made by her and her siblings, Talking Dreams, I suspect she has a lot ahead for her, Alter The Press giving their album 4 and half stars for their debut record, their pop and vocal stylings are intricate, there’s so much more to come from this lady.
3. Jess Bowen – Drummer in The Summer Set – One of the few women on the scene who don’t sing, Jess Bowen is the drummer of the one of the most ascending pop rock bands right now. The Summer Set is signed to Fearless Records and currently touring their lates record Legendary – where her work is best displayed, her style can rival anyone’s on the scene (and has a great jewellery collection, I’m just saying). Jess is also one of the few ‘out’ people in an industry which is very heteronormative and a brilliantly talented woman.
4. Tay Jardine – Singer in We Are The In Crowd – Brilliant singer and a great writer, Tay is the only female on Hopeless Records and certainly deserves her spot on the label that has such a brilliant range of artists on it’s books, including Yellowcard and The Used. We Are The In Crowd are currently touring their record Weird Kids in the US, which has some great songs and this band is only can progress and get better, one of the few bands who have really shown they have grown up on a label which doesn’t show it much.
5. Lzzy Hale – Lead singer of Halestorm – One of the few Hard Rock bands led by a woman, she kicks ass – with honest lyrics and a brilliant attitude with it, this woman is an example for how much a woman can do in this genre, their last album ‘The Strange Case Of..’ was reviewed excellently by Kerrang and Live Metal, which just goes to show what a girl can do in a male dominated musical style, long may this woman reign, I hope there’s new music soon!